I have tried many different social media tools. Listed below are links to some of the social media tools that I have tried and found to be efficient ways of connecting with audiences. As a social media moderator it is my job to keep up to date with current trends. Over the years I have realized that the new social media tools that reach audiences most effectively are those that are user friendly,well managed with a strong infrastructure and fulfill a need of the user. There are often sites that have a great idea behind it, but someone with more money or expertise is able to do it better causing the initial website to fail.
Dailybooth was established as a way to share and comment on pictures. I did an Internet search to see if it still exists and the website could not be located. Dailybooth had a good concept, but the look and feel of the website was amateur and websites like Flicker, and Shutterfly became increasingly popular. Flicker and Shutterfly could fulfill a similar need in a more user friendly and efficient way. These sites were also well maintained. As a social media moderator I notice social media websites and tools break into the social media scene and disappear just as quickly. The key is to have a strong infrastructure, be user friendly, and most of all provide a need for the users.
The links below fulfill all three of the requirement listed above to be successful. They are also among the most popular, therefore making them effective ways of reaching audiences. I selected these websites because I believe they are a good yard stick to measure other social media websites against. If a website is not as good or better as the websites listed below, I believe that there is a good chance that the website will have difficulty reaching audiences.
http://www.pinterest.com/beautymoment/
https://www.youtube.com/user/beautifulmoments100/featured
https://www.facebook.com/beautifulmoments100?ref=hl
Resources:
AIDS.gov. (2003, July 1). New Media Tools. Retrieved May 9, 2014, from http%3A%2F%2Faids.gov%2Fusing-new-media%2Ftools%2Findex.html%23tool-networks
No comments:
Post a Comment